Amplatz Super Stiff?
Boston Scientific's Amplatz Guidewire is a stainless steel wire with a flat-wire coil and PTFE coating. It is available in a variety of diameters and tip configurations to fit your preferences, your patients, and your procedures, designed so you can confidently straighten tortuous anatomies1 and deliver heavier instruments.2
Stiff Shaft Construction
- Flat wire outer coil allows for larger inner core to provide added shaft rigidity
- Increased stiffness of the wire designed to provide stability within the urinary tract without compromising tip flexibility
Device Placement Support
- PTFE coating reduces friction along the wire
- When used in ureteroscopies, the stiffness of the flatwire design provides support for the advancement of equipment such as dilatation catheters and ureteral access sheaths
- Percutaneous placement of the Amplatz Super Stiff Guidewire down the ureter is designed to facilitate dilatation of the percutaneous tract.1,2
Multiple Tip Configurations
- Atraumatic flexible tip in a variety of profiles including 3.5cm flexible tip, 6cm Bentson, 7cm Bentson, and 3mm J-Tip
|Order Number||UPN||Description||Tip Design||Size||Quantity|
|640104||M0066401041||Amplatz Super Stiff PTFE Coated Guidewire||7cm Bentson-Type||.035in x 145cm||Box 5|
|640105||M0066401051||Amplatz Super Stiff PTFE Coated Guidewire||3mm J-Tip||.035in x 145cm||Box 5|
|640108||M0066401081||Amplatz Super Stiff PTFE Coated Guidewire||3.5cm Flexible||.035in x 145cm||Box 5|
|640106||M0066401061||Amplatz Super Stiff PTFE Coated Guidewire||6cm Bentson-Type||.038in x 145cm||Box 5|
|640107||M0066401071||Amplatz Super Stiff PTFE Coated Guidewire||3mm J-Tip||.038in x 145cm||Box 5|
|640109||M0066401091||Amplatz Super Stiff PTFE Coated Guidewire||3.5cm Flexible||.038in x 145cm||Box 5|
- Al-Kandari, A. et al. Difficulties in Instrumentation of Endourologic Procedures. Difficult Cases in Endourology. Springer Science & Business Media, 2012.
- Preminger, Glenn, and Badlani, Gopal, eds. Smith's Textbook of Endourology (3). Hoboken, GB: Wiley-Blackwell, 2011. ProQuest ebrary. Web. 5 December 2016.