Endoscopic Mucosal Resection Device
The Captivator EMR Device is specifically designed for ligation-assisted Endoscopic Mucosal Resection (EMR) of the Upper Gastrointestinal (GI) tract.
The Captivator EMR Device, specifically designed for Upper GI EMR, provides potential clinical, economic, efficiency and patient satisfaction benefits for EMR procedures.
The Captivator EMR Device includes:
- Captivator EMR Band Ligator
- Captivator EMR Snare
- Captivator EMR Pathology Kit
- Access Port – allows passability of 7Fr tools with device in place (Interject Needle / Resolution Clip)
- Handle – designed with tactile and audible feedback to signal when a band has deployed
- Captivator Snare – stiff snare and band design provides ability to snare where desired (above or below the band)
- Band Ligator Cap – designed to achieve 360 degree peripheral viewing without obstructions due to the ligator bands
- Pathology Kit – included for histological processing of retrieved tissue samples which may allow for better specimen handling
Download Supporting Materials
- The Captivator EMR Device offers clinicians the ability to manage complications with the device in place
- Less time spent switching out devices and less likelihood of needing a second scope and device during the procedure. A cost savings of $290 per case
- The Captivator EMR Device is designed to achieve 360° peripheral viewing without obstructions
- Offers a more efficient way to visualize a complication and may allow more rapid treatment of the complication during the same procedure.
- Delivers a minimally invasive treatment option for patients with Barrett’s Esophagus and appears to be less costly to the hospital on a per procedure basis and may be associated with a shorter length of stay versus esophagectomy.
|08714729842675||M00561600||Captivator EMR Device for Standard Gastroscopes||Box 1|
|08714729842699||M00561610||Captivator EMR Device for Large Gastrocopes||Box 1|
Our Standard Kit (M00561600) is designed to be compatible with gastroscopes with a physical dimension at the distal end of 9.0mm - 9.9mm. While most diagnostic gastroscopes (2.8mm working channel) will fit these dimensions, it is important to verify at the account level.
Our Large Kit (M00561610) is designed to be compatible with gastroscopes with a physical dimension at the distal end of 11.3mm - 11.6mm. While most therapeutic gastroscopes (3.7mm working channel) will fit these dimensions, it is important to verify at the account level.
Endoscopic Mucosal Resection of Antral Polyp Using the Captivator? EMR Device
Rabindra Watson, MD
Los Angeles, California
Case study highlighting an efficient technique of performing an EMR on a large antral polyp on a patient with underlying risk factors.