RX Biliary System?
The Benefits of Physician-Controlled Wireguided Cannulation
Designed to facilitate access and control during endoscopic retrograde colangiopancreatography (ERCP), the RX Biliary System:
- Puts the physician in control of the guidewire.
- Secures the guidewire to maintain access during exchanges.
- Provides a tactile feel while manipulating the guidewire.
Physicians talk about the benefits of physician-controlled WGC
"I’ve been practicing ERCP for 20 plus years so the less fluoro time the better. That’s a concern for everybody in the room. The less radiation exposure for staff and patients the better it is."
– Oleh Haluszka, M.D., Chief of Gastroenterology
Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
"RX really does improve your time of cannulation. We used to intubate patients for ERCP. Now the majority of my cases in otherwise healthy patients are done under conscious sedation. You’ve just reduced an operating-room level procedure to a routine endoscopy. Recovery time is shorter and patients don’t complain of a sore throat."
– Niraj Jani, M.D., Chief division of Gastroenterology
Greater Baltimore Medical, Maryland