Allied Health Professionals
Boston Scientific provides a series of educational programs for allied health professionals in the use of Spinal Cord Stimulation technology.
Visit the SCS Learning Institute website to explore courses, access on-demand educational resources, or submit a training request.
The following courses for allied health professionals are offered by the SCS Learning Institute:
Pain Management Provider Workshops
Program designed for Allied Healthcare Professionals (PA, NP, Nurses, MAs, etc.).
- Didactic emphasis on proper patient selection, procedural technique, complication mitigation and technology differences.
- Professionals invited to attend must have direct involvement and provide care for SCS patients with chronic pain or are involved in supporting the SCS procedure/patients
Program Availability: Saturdays
Continuing Nursing Education Course (CNE)
In the continuum of pain management, therapeutic options range from conservative to advanced; techniques and procedures range from noninvasive to invasive. In this one-hour presentation, the speaker will present an introduction to the use of spinal cord stimulation to treat chronic neuropathic pain.
This faculty directed education activity is intended primarily for RNs with a responsibility for or an interest in the care of patients undergoing spinal cord stimulation. The presentation will also be of interest to other allied healthcare personnel and MDs.
Upon completion of this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Identify five common conditions associated with neuropathic pain
- Describe the patient screening paradigm for spinal cord stimulation
- Analyze study data to determine effect of spinal cord stimulation for two conditions
Upon successful completion of the entire program, including any resulting Q&A, participants will be granted 1 contact hour CNE credit (or 1.2 contact hours in IA or WV).
- No partial credit will be granted
Accreditation through Educational Dimensions
Provider approved by:
- California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 08747
- District of Columbia Board of Nursing, Provider Number 50-574
- Florida Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 50-574
- Educational Dimensions is Iowa approved Provider Number 317
- West Virginia Board of Examiners for Registered Professional Nurses, Provider Number WV97-0217RN.