Independent Medical Education Program Grants
We may provide financial and product support to third-party educational conferences that further medical and scientific knowledge. We believe that such programs are critical to advancements in the medical community, and we support a wide range of programs at the local, regional and national level.
We respect the Standards for Commercial Support of Continuing Medical Education as published by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) and as such will not seek to control the content or management of third-party programs (for example, selection of topics, faculty, and attendees). Also, our support of a program will not depend on the program sponsor's selection of particular topics, faculty or attendees.
Our policies, as well as industry standards embodied in the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals, limit our ability to pay for certain educational conference costs. We do not directly pay for conference costs such as facilities, faculty honoraria and travel expenses – all support is provided to the conference provider to offset overall conference expenses. We do not subsidize the costs of travel, lodging or tuition for conference attendees. Medical students, fellows and other health care providers in training may periodically be eligible to receive scholarship funds to cover tuition and reasonable travel expenses to attend qualified educational conferences.
We may provide grants to support the following types of educational programs:
- Institutional, national, regional or local continuing medical education conferences and professional meetings
- "Grand rounds" presentations and patient group (Angio Club, Patient Advocacy) meetings
- Publication or rebroadcast of a conference program (in booklet or pamphlet form, over the Internet, etc.)
Educational program grant and exhibit applications should be submitted, reviewed and approved as two separate requests.
Please note: If your conference or educational event is not accredited by one of the five accreditation organizations listed below, Boston Scientific - like all other pharmaceutical, biologics and medical device companies - is required to collect from you, and report under the U.S. Physician Payment Sunshine Act, the amount of Boston Scientific funds your organization pays to U.S. physicians serving as faculty at your conference, including the identities of those physicians. The five accreditation organizations are:
- Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program
- American Medical Association
- American Osteopathic Association
We receive many worthwhile requests. Unfortunately, due to budget limitations, we are unable to fund them all. It is important to note that past funding does not guarantee future approval and that submissions can be approved at an amount less than the requested amount. Do not assume that a request has been approved. Requestors will receive an email notification of approval or denial after the Boston Scientific committee has made its decisions.
Read additional details about the U.S. Physician Payment Sunshine Act ?
Independent Medical Education Program Grant Requirements
- A completed Boston Scientific Independent Medical Education Program?Grant Application using our online tool?
Please note: Apply at least 60 days prior to event start date.
- A letter of request may include but not be?limited to:
- Purpose of the support/program description, including format, scope, and number of programs covered.
- Needs assessment addressing the need that the program addresses.
- Program objectives, such as key learnings that attendees will take away from this program.
- Implementation plan explaining how you intend to execute the activity (e.g., timeline, audience generation, educational method(s) used).
- Roles and qualifications for all of the educational partners, including the accredited provider and third parties.
- Program agenda or brochure
- Budget - Itemized budget for entire program
- Completed W-9 form?(W-9 forms can be found on the?IRS website.)
- Any additional documents to describe the program as listed under the letter of request.
These documents can be uploaded into the online tool.
Please note: We cannot review incomplete applications.?A Boston Scientific employee may contact you with questions or if any information is missing.